The Latin Passion is back with amazing Sunday Bachata classes in Hyde Park, London to get ready for a busy summer that will be full of dancing and sun. We all have been waiting for the moment in which restrictions will be lifted and these classes will get us ready for that moment.
We are still very careful. From Sunday 9th May we will be running a progressive classes of Sensual Bachata fusion with Dominican and Modern styles for dance couples (changing partners won’t be allowed) and keeping social distance (at least 2 meters between couple and couple at all times).
We will be running 2 different levels:
Level 1: Fundamentals: Lessons for those ones who are in their first 0 to 4 months of experience. There we will have plenty fun while learning essential concepts of Bachata dance and music.
- Bring your dance partner and be ready to have fun and learn!
Level 2: Advanced Techniques + Cool Routines: These lessons will provide you with more advanced techniques that will allow you to lead/follow complex and faster movements while executing eye catching routines and, at the same time, we will practice styling to make it work for you. This class will be good for intermediate to advanced level of students and the routines provided will be progressive so everyone will go us far as they can.
- You must be able to lead/follow simple movements and routines while dancing either slow or fast songs
- You must execute those movements in a safe way without putting yourself or others in risk of an injure.
- You must know how to body-roll in a clean way
- You must be able to execute body isolations and lead/follow them
- You must dance on time (follow an initial time and keep it) and understand the music changes
- You must have a balanced body position while dancing
- You must know the main different styles of Bachata music and dance
In both levels we will work on:
- Footwork and body posture
- Body isolation techniques
- Leading and Following techniques
- Sensual Bachata, plus Modern & Dominican Bachata styles
- Understanding, following and playing with music and your dance partner
13:00 – 14:00 Fundamentals Class
14:00 – 14:05 Break
14:05 – 15:05 Advance Techniques + Cool Routines Class
Tickets will be paid only in advance and through this website.
BOOK NOW YOUR BACHATA CLASS FOR 2 PEOPLE (£20)
Dress Code: Like you would dress on a nice Sunday surrounded by good friends.
Ladies: Long tight skirts will make it difficult for you to do several movements. Wear something that allows you to separate and move your legs without problems. We didn’t mention guys because they don’t usually wear long skirts ;p
Shoes: We recommend flat sport shoes as we will be dancing on short grass (but still grass). We will make routines challenging for entertainment and improvement but without excessive use of turns and no spins.
Hyde Park. Closest underground stop: Hyde Park Corner.
- Peynao (Angel Peinado): 07429 147775